Visit the world famous Birmingham Gun Barrel Proof House that now contains the late Lord Mountbatten's private gun collection. This fascinating display is just one of a number of new additions to the Proof House this year.
Return to Hereford and Worcester Shooting Ground for a delicious buffet lunch.
Take part in a 75 clay Sporting Shoot followed by shooting the Flurry to complete the day.
- Arrive at the shooting ground in time to store your gun securely in the strong room and then depart at 9.00 am.
- You will need to car share for the journey to the Proof House where there are ample parking spaces.
- Arrive at the Proof House for a visit lasting approximately 3.5 hours.
- Listen to a fascinating talk about the history of the Proof House that first opened in 1813. See exhibits not normally on view to the public.
- Enter the laboratory where Proof House ammunition is loaded ready for use in the Firing Gallery.
- See guns arriving for proofing or reproofing.
- Witness the Firing Gallery where the gun barrels are tested.
- Enter the "Black Hole" where black powder barrels are tested.
- Have ample time in the Ammunition and Gun Museums.
- Return to HWSG for a buffet lunch.
- Take part in a 75 Clay Sporting Shoot.
- Complete the day by shooting the Flurry.
Total cost for the whole event, only £70.00.
Please see Ian or Gareth to book your place but be quick as there are only 10 places available on each event. We will be running this event again during the year as it is very popular. To find out information about proposed future dates, please call the ground on 01527 65496 or contact us.